Nothing is a problem on this Island paradise where “Erethings’ Arie.” The place where reggae, romance, and the Caribbean sun come together. Jamaica gleams in technicolor, as lofty Blue Mountains spill onto grassy plains, shimmering white sand, and turquoise waters. Pioneers of the All-Inclusive vacation concept, you wont find an island that does it better!!!
Why is Jamaica perfect for any vacation occasion?? Here is but a few of my favorite reasons:
1. Non-Stop flight times from several major gateways: Cincinnati, JFK, St. Louis and others
2. The average daily temperature runs between 73 - 89 degrees
3. Hospitality : This island pours into their tourism industry, having vocational degrees for those who want to major in hospitality and it shows in everything they do. “Tis my pleasure Sir/Madam” is a common phrase behind every service provided
Jamaica hot spots for vacations include:
Montego Bay: This place has it all… from a modern International airport to 5 championship Golf courses to boutique and luxury resorts. Visit the Hip Strip, the Rose Hall Great House, and raft down the Martha Brae.
Negril: The “Capital of Casual,” located on the western tip of the island and features the white sands of Seven Mile Beach. Cruise along the coastline to Rick’s Cafe’ to watch the cliff divers and the incredible sunset.
Runaway Bay: Runaway Bay is the ideal place to bask in the Culture of Jamaica. Visit Nine Mile (the birthplace of Bob Marley,) ReggaeXplosion, and Seville Heritage Park to get the full Jamaican experience.
Ocho Rios: Located in the center of the island’s long north coast, Ocho Rios is particularly noted for its Waterfalls (including the world-famous Dunn’s River Falls,) Beaches, gardens and Fern Gullies.
Jamaica is the largest English-speaking island in the Caribbean
Jamaica is the first Caribbean country to gain independence
Jamaica is the 3rd largest island in the Caribbean.
Dreadlocks: The ever popular hairstyle sported worldwide isnt a fashion fad among the Jamaicans and Rastafarians. The style symbolizes acts of faith, politics, revolution, peace, and freedom.
The most popular Jamaican cuisine is “Jerk,” an Allspice which comes from a dark brown berry that suggests flavors of clove, nutmeg, and cinnamon. Jerk dishes can be made from chicken, pork, or beef.
For such a small country compared to the US, Russia, and China, Jamaicans perform quite well in athletics. While the most popular local sport is actually cricket, track & field stands in the spotlight during international contests. Usaine Bolt currently is the fastest human on the Planet!!!
Top tours to try on your next vacation to the FABULOUS Jamaica:
Dunn’s River Falls
Appleton Estate Rum Tour
Luminous Lagoon: Take a dip under the twilight moon and witness the whale shark phenom!!!
Weddings are such a joyous occasion!! The love of your life, your close family and friends to witness the union… It can also be a tumultuous time for the couple. Decisions, decisions, decisions to be made, as well as coordination, samples, and vendors vying for your attention and business. That said, destination doesn’t have to mean exotic. If you live in San Diego, think Sonoma instead of Santorini. You can still get that wedding-away feel without having to venture too far from home. A wedding is considered a destination wedding when its more than 100 miles away from the couples hometown.
This list will help you to decide if a Destination Wedding (DW) is right for you!!!
Depending on the resort, your wedding could be included for free with your stay. This depends, of course, on how elaborate you want your wedding to be. Most resort include a basic ceremony with a minimum stay (usually 7 nights.) Even wedding packages that costs are more affordable than traditional weddings. Check out this video from RIU Resorts and their wedding packages for every bride and every budget: http://bit.ly/2sCwwg6
2. Location, Location, Location:
Whether you desire a Beachfront location, a Historic Chapel, or a Rooftop with a scenic ocean backdrop, Destination weddings offer an array of venues to accommodate every discerning couple.
3. Say “Good Bye” to Guest list worries.
No worries on who will attend, those that can attend, Will!!! A traditional wedding average is 140 guests while DW average is 40-50. This allows you to filter out acquaintances & co-workers out of obligation. You wont have to worry about paying for their meals at your reception at an all-inclusive resort, and they get a vacation too!!
4. See the location before you decide.
Some resorts offer a “see before you decide.” Affording the couple a chance to see the resort grounds and venue before you decide at a discount price. Can you say mini-vacy???
5. Your Travel agent works as your Planner.
Instead of hiring a planner and an agent for the honeymoon, your travel agent takes charge of the to-do lists. Use your agent to express your desires to the resort, let them worry about the details of vendor contracts, group excursions, the ceremony, as well as the travel arrangements for the entire party. Resorts are a one-stop shop, details can be hashed out virtually via web chat and or email. Let your agent work on your behalf and report to you.
6. Charter flights.
Charter flights, available from major gateways to select Caribbean locales, offer more savings for you and your group and can be non-stop there and back.
7. Go Rogue!!!
Add a little culture to your ceremony. Resorts now offer more options to include in your ceremony. This gives you the opportunity to customize and make it memorable with options such as Native American wedding vases, Mayan Shaman, and/or Hindu Henna, to add a bit of cultural flavor into your day.
8. Everyone is VIP!!!
DW are usually more intimate, less obligatory invites and more must-have loved ones in attendance. Those who come, you know they really want to be there. This is great for those who have families in different parts of the country, to come and enjoy making it as exciting for them as it is for you.
9. Chase the sun in December.
Winter weddings are gorgeous, but huddling under heat lamps for photo ops hardly make for a fairy-tale affair. Head to the Caribbean, Mexico, Hawaii, Florida, Costa Rica, and even Vegas when the weather is an important factor. They almost guarantee outdoor wedding perfection with a high average of days in the sun.
10. More time to bond with wedding guests.
Traditional weddings can be exhausting the day of the ceremony. The couple will most likely end the night hungry and tired from making rounds to greet and thank EVERY guest. DW allow you more time to truly interact with guests over a longer period of time. Quality time with guests ia s lot more doable with everyone staying at a resort. Most DW guests stay 3 nights or more.
11. More Bang for your Buck.
The average couple can save more than $10K overall for wedding and honeymoon. Across the board, DW are more affordable than traditional in comparison. Resorts are practically begging for your business offering a variety of perks. From room upgrades and gratis planners to complementary Anniversary stays. Save even more money by having your wedding during the low season for the resort.
12. Everywhere you look is a “Kodak Moment”
You wont have to wait for your favorite photographer to force a moment or location. DW offer spectacular views to act as a backdrop to capture the spirit of the occasion.
13. Honeymoon Registries can help to defray costs of your union.
They are free to set up and guests that cant attend can contribute to your arrangements. Check out: http://bit.ly/2J6FuNE It offers a free wedding website for you to keep those that cant make it and the out-of-towners up-to-date on your union. Create a stunning honeymoon registry & wedding website. In a few steps, you can register for your Honeymoon experiences instead of everyday wedding gifts. You can collect the money anytime and use it how you want. Perfect for those that cant make it and want to still be included. I mean you have enough pots and pans already, am I right??
14. Skip the Stilettos.
Getting married at a beach location allows you to skip the formalities of footwear. You can, instead, doan a great pair of footwear jewellery. Checkout some of these fancy footwear: https://ebay.to/2srekGG
15. Guaranteed a Great time.
At a DW, you are pretty much guaranteed a great time, for you and your guests. Everyone is on vacation before & after the wedding, so everyone is relaxed and happy. All-Inclusives’ offer luxury, all meals and drinks, taxes, and great locations. You kind of cant go wrong with a destination wedding!!!
Reach out to Haute Spot Destinations to discuss your options and compare the differences between a traditional or destination wedding. For more information contact us for a free consultation! Happy Planning!!!
Everyone wants a great deal for their vacation purchase, but how do you assure a terrific value? Here are Top 10 ways that travel insurance provides value to your cherished vacation. The old saying goes: Anything that can go wrong, will.
1. Handling the Unexpected: You've planned the perfect vacation and then you can't go. What if your child becomes ill, an elderly parent is hospitalized or they fall and fitted with a cast? What if the boss requires you to stay to help work with a a work emergency? A lot can happen pre-trip, but having trip cancellation protection can help if the “perfect trip” must evolve into the “perfect trip that will happen later.”
2. Funding a “Re-do”: If a trip must be cancelled unexpectedly, the right travel insurance can fund a “re-do” so you can go in the future. You may not be sunning in the Caribbean, wine tasting your way through Europe or exploring ancient cultures in Asia as planned this week, but you can re-book when the time is right. Simply put, insurance that includes trip cancellation will help preserve funds for a “re-do” later.
3. Juggling a Mid-trip Crisis: Once on a much-needed vacation, it's easy to see why you planned the trip. The castle stay, cruise experience or bicycling journeys fantastic! You're dining in style, soaking in the scenic beauty and meeting new friends - or possibly enjoying a romantic villa stay, pampering cruise or tour of the top cities. It's just what you've imagined and planned for months. Then, the bubble bursts. Your cell phone rings. Someone has been in a car accident and your support is needed at the hospital. Or, its a call from a neighbor explaining that your home has been seriously damaged by bad weather. So now what? You really need to go home and handle things. Fortunately, insurance with trip interruption benefits means you can leave mid-trip, return home and recoup much of your investment.
4. Replacing The Basics: It's also good to remember that pieces of the trip - such as baggage - may not go as planned. Having travel insurance with baggage protection is essential if your clients arrive at their vacation destination to find that the airline doesn't have the bag you checked at the ticket counter. When will they find it? How can you get some basic toiletries? Or, what if the bag was stolen from the bag belt before you were able to retrieve it? Baggage benefits within a comprehensive travel insurance plan can help with replacement of essentials if bags are delayed, damaged or stolen.
5. Dealing with Hiccups: When things happen on vacation or a business trip, it's good to have travel insurance that comes with emergency travel assistance. A good insurance company’s team members will be available 24-7 to help deal with all kinds of emergencies. For example, if you need a lawyer in a foreign country, the team can point you to an English-speaking attorney. If travel documents are lost or stolen, the team can explain how to get them replaced. Travel assistance services offer a friendly voice and listening ear to help cope with trip hiccups and get the trip back on track.
6. Preserving Your Health: You may not worry about getting sick overseas; you feel fine as you embark on your journey. But, the flu happens. So do injuries, particularly if you're staring in awe at the Leaning Tower of Pisa or an ancient temple and don't notice the crumblin sidewalk or “step-down” while touring. If you have travel insurance with medical benefits you can be directed to a local English-speaking doctor or hospital. Or, if the insurer thinks its serious, they can help arrange payment for major medical emergencies abroad. You won't have to max out credit cards or a home equity line.
7. Getting You Out: If the insurer deems the medical situation an emergency and its clear no quality care of medical specialists are available in your local - say in remote Africa, Mongolia or South America - They have the ability to arrange a private medical evacuation (medevac) flight to a larger city with quality medical facilities, or , in some cases, back to the most appropriate hospital or medical facility back in the U S. Such private medevac flights with competent medical personnel are costly so theres great value in having this benefit should a covered, unexpected illness or accident occur.
8. Covering Simple Things: Not all vacations are complex overseas trips with multiple pieces, though. Some are simpler. The may include a quick domestic flight and a car rental trip to visit relatives or friends. For these trips, purchasing rental car protection at pennies per day is a no brainer, saving time and money at the car rental counter. For example, what if a fender bender occurs or a child damages the car’s interior? With rental car protection, you wont need to contact your personal car insurance company for a covered collision, loss or damage (up to a certain limit) along with 24-hour emergency assistance.
9. Giving Superior Protection: Sometimes you can go the easiest route and buy the travel insurance from the company thats operating your tour, cruise, or vacation package. Any insurance is helpful, but keep in mind that third-party insurance plans typically have more benefits and fewer restrictions. It's important to compare dollar limits and benefits. For example, an international medevac flight could top $100,000, which a third-party insurer has the ability to cover. Some supplier plans may only go to $25,000. Also, review the covered reasons for trip interruption or cancellation, and whether your clients will get cash back - not simply credit for future travel purchases. Third-party plans are typically more comprehensive. Most important to consider? While its rare, if the cruise line or tour operator goes belly up, the right insurance plan can help recoup the travel investment.
10. Fostering Peace of Mind: Mom seemed healthy last week, but what if the situation changes while you are overseas? What if one of the children needs a doctor on vacation? How would they handle changing flights if the trip is interrupted? The right travel insurance - a comprehensive plan with trip interruption protection, medevac services, baggage benefits and assistance services - can help you relax and enjoy your trip with confidence.
Haute Spot Destinations is a porud partner with Allianz Global Assistance
In 2013, it seemed that everyone was becoming an entrepreneur and I wanted a slice of that pie. While everyone was doing natural products, Paparazzi Jewelry, Mary Kay, or some other mlm venture, I wanted something different. I love to travel and trying to do it without an agent or some educated traveler, is nerve wrecking!!!! I found an mlm company that specialized in travel. Although I didnt want to do anything mlm, I needed to get my foot in the door with the travel industry, so I wondered if I could act as an agent with the mlm company and found a great woman to be my mentor.
While we were with the mlm, we used it as a step to get where we wanted to go. After a while, I found that I did not want to sell the membership packages, I wanted to sell Vacation Packages.... I started researching since I had a little more insight to the field. After 2 years with the mlm company, they brought on a "Host Agency" for those that wanted to be more of an agent vs selling the memberships!!! This was my Aha moment...
Since this time, I have transitioned to having my own licensed and bonded agency that stands alone. Gone away is the mlm membership sales and the host agencies!!! Haute Spot Destinations is a stand alone travel agency!!! And I love creating customized itineraries for my clients. I have utilized my 10+ years of customer service to assist in my business... You would not believe how much customer service plays in the service industry... I mean, everyone has expectations of the level of service they want to receive, right???
I love planning what my clients Dream their vacation should be. Not all have ended in a wonderful experience tho... I have had one so far where the destiantion resort was not what it proclaimed to be and it was a mess!!! But my clients received their justs due, thanks to my insistance and persistance in the matter. I was appalled by the service of this resort and will never recommend the entire brand (not just the one resort, yes the entire brand,) again!!!
It is my hopes that I can continue to blog as I learn this new tool and utilize it to educate some, conjure laughter with some, and excite all that wish to get away from the normal birthday dinners, annual vacations, and people that want to explore the world!!!
#HauteSpotDestinations #TravelLife #CollectingStamps #MakingDreamsComeTrue
Its not just travel, Its a Lifestyle!!! A short video on the Lifestyle...